6 Miles is too close to home
The Leviathan nearshore gas processing platform can:
• Ruin Israel’s coastline
• Contaminate water sources
• Cause dangerous air pollution
• Poison marine life
Please Donate now
We are fighting against multi-billion $ forces.
We are all volunteers, but we need your help mainly for funding environmental reports and our legal battle.
Please donate now
What are the experts saying?
The safer alternative
A Floating Gas Processing Platform (FPSO),
over the gas field, 74 miles from Israel's coast!
Since 2010, 97% of deep-water oil and gas fields are developed using offshore FPSOs, above the fields. This is the case for Karish and Tanin, two Israeli gas fields located near the Leviathan field.
Israel’s Ministry of Energy praised the developers of Karish and Tanin for choosing an offshore FPSO and by that, minimizing the hazards to Israel’s public health and environment. Yet Leviathan’s platform will be located only 6 miles from Israel’s coastline.
An offshore FPSO will minimize the risk to:
Tell PM Netanyahu to remove the carcinogenic gas platforms from our coastline
Tell Noble Energy (NYSE: NBL) to not endanger our health and environment
In the media
The offshore processing plant, as currently planned, has potentially dire health and ecological consequences.
As protests grow, watchdog opens inquiry into government’s use of security argument to justify putting Leviathan processing facility only 10 km from shore, rather than out at sea
Homeland Guards (“Shomrey Habayit” in Hebrew) is an Israeli environmental protection organization with more than 200,000 supporters and thousands of volunteers (and growing daily!).
We are a non-profit organization, without any political agenda, funded entirely by donations.
- We are non-political
- We are non-violent
- We engage in respectful dialog
- Ensure that raw gas is processed as far from Israel’s coastline and population centers as possible.
- Prevent the transportation, storage and treatment of hazardous by-products of natural gas processing, such as condensate, in close proximity to Israeli population centers.
- Move Israel’s petrochemical industry far away from population centers.
- Meeting Israel’s greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets, based on UN’s IPCC, in order to fight global climate change
“Look at My works, how beautiful and praiseworthy they are! And all that I have created, it was for you that I created it. Pay attention that you do not corrupt and destroy My world: if you corrupt it, there is no one to repair it after you.”
– Kohelet Rabbah 7:13